1. Hi, we’re App Codes and welcome! We’re happy to have you here and we hope you enjoy your stay. When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘App Codes’ it’s because that’s who we are and we own and run the App Codes site.
2. App Codes’s ecosystem of digital marketplaces helps millions of people around the world get creative and earn online. When you create an account and accept these terms you become a user of our community. You will have an App Code account that will allow you to buy items like the ones found on the App Codes site and make other related transactions.
3. The App Codes site are platforms that allow members to buy licenses to use our digital items like app source codes.
4. The items on App Codes are owned by us (App Codes), not by third party.
5. During your time with us you agree to follow the ground rules outlined in these terms so please read and understand them. If you don’t accept the terms then we’ll be sad, but you will need to leave because your presence on and use of the App Codes site is conditional on your acceptance to be bound by these terms.
6. Preview Files: If you stream or download a preview file from our App Codes site, you agree that you will not remove any watermarking or other protective measures from the preview file. You agree that you will use the preview file solely for the purposes of evaluating a purchase from App Codes site and not for any other purpose.
7. Browsing: You need to be 16 years or over to browse the App Codes site. We don’t knowingly collect any information from anyone aged 16 or under. When browsing the site you agree to follow our guidelines or instructions and keep in mind that these terms apply to our App Codes site whether or not you’re a member.
8. Age: You need to be 18 years or over to become a member or to buy items. If you’re under 18 you will need to get a parent or guardian to buy items or use the account of a parent or legal guardian who is at least 18 years of age, with their permission, and this adult will be responsible for all your activities.
9. App Codes: Membership is free. When you become a member you get an App Codes account that is accessible from our App Codes site. Your membership will allow you to ‘buy’ (license) items from us (App Codes), participate in our online forums, and generally contribute to our ecosystem of App Codes site that help people get creative.
10. Your responsibility: You promise that information you give us is true, accurate and complete and, if you sign up for an App Codes account, that you will keep your account information up-to-date (including a current email address). Your membership is not transferable, that means you cannot sell your account. You are responsible for any use of the App Codes site including any activity that occurs in conjunction with your username and password, if you have an App Codes account, so keep your password secure and don’t let any other person use your username or password. If you realise there’s any unauthorized use of your password or any breach of security you need to let us know immediately. You must not use a virtual private network or VPN or any other means to avoid compliance with these terms and conditions, or for any fraudulent or illegal reasons.
11. What you're buying:
12. The total price for an item on App Codes is made up of:
13. If you have an App Codes account, you can make payments by using the ‘Purchase’ function or by using any existing App Codes Credits in your App Codes account.
14. App Codes Credits: Existing App Codes Credits can only be used to pay for App Codes transactions. We do not refund any monies originally placed into your App Codes account to buy App Codes Credits (but you may have rights under an applicable consumer law, which we don’t exclude).
15. If you choose to buy using any existing App Codes Credits, the total price will be deducted from your App Codes Credits. If you haven’t used your App Codes Credits within 6 months they may expire from the date of purchase. See section 21 for details about the expiry of App Codes Credits.
16. When using Purchase you will be redirected to a payment method provider.
17. Currency conversion costs: You are responsible for all costs of currency conversion relating to a transaction on App Codes. Your financial institution does the currency conversion and may charge you additional fees (we don’t control either the conversion rates or your financial institution’s fees).
18. Terms of buying: When you buy an App Codes item you’re doing so on the following terms:
19. Warranties we make:
21. App Codes Credits expire: App Codes Credits expire if not used within 6 months from the date of purchase, and will be forfeited on the 6 month anniversary of the purchase date. We generally try to tell you beforehand when App Codes Credits are going to expire and be forfeited, but this is not always possible and don’t promise to warn you. Check your member’s account regularly for details of expiry dates. If you have different rights under an applicable consumer law, we don’t exclude them.
22. Items with an incorrect price or incorrect information: Despite our reasonable efforts, items may occasionally be listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information. If this happens, we may cancel or reverse a transaction, even after it is completed and a payment has been processed. If we do this, we’ll promptly arrange for any payment to be credited or refunded and you must not use the item unless you re-purchase it at the correct price.
23. Given the nature of digital content, a refund or credit on a purchase is not granted unless one of the warranties given by App Codes in 20 has been breached, or a refund is required under the App Codes Refund Rules or other relevant consumer protection laws. If you would like to request a refund see this Refund Policy.
24. We will assess refund or credit requests (if you have an App Codes account) on their merits, considering the digital nature of App Codes items and the type of item preview that was available before purchase. There is generally no obligation to provide a refund or credit in situations like the following:
25. If we decide to issue a refund or credit (if you have an App Codes account), this will generally be done using the same manner used to make the purchase. So if the item was purchased using App Codes Credits, you will be given credit in App Codes Credits; if the item was purchased using a particular payment method you will be refunded using the same payment method in reverse. Any payment made to you (not App Codes Credits) will be made in US Dollars, under the rules of the payment method (see section 17 - Currency conversion costs about currency conversion back to your local currency).
26. Disputes lodged with payment agents: If, as a buyer via your App Codes account, you lodge a dispute with a payment agent, this will result in a freezing of your App Codes account until the dispute raised with the payment agent has been cancelled. This makes it very complex to resolve any related issues, and means we cannot make payments or issue refunds out of your App Codes account, so we encourage buyers to contact us directly first to see if we can help resolve any concerns.
27. Fine print: We are not a bank or licensed deposit taker in Australia or elsewhere, your credits are not deposits under Australian law about banks, and that means you don’t get the benefit of any deposit insurance or guarantee under those laws. We don’t act as a fiduciary or as a trustee for you, and we’re not a licensed financial service provider.
28. What we own: We own all the App Codes content that we have put on App Codes. This includes the design, compilation, and look and feel of the App Codes site, and copyright, trademarks, designs and other intellectual property on App Codes. We own all the trademarks, logos, service marks and trade names on App Codes. You will not copy, distribute, modify or make derivative works of any of our App Codes Content or use any of our intellectual property in any way not expressly stated in these terms.
29. Copyright, trademark and intellectual property claims: We respect the intellectual property rights of others.
31. Confidential Information: We value your information and take reasonable precautions to protect it. While using the App Codes, you may also become aware of confidential information about us or another member. You promise to not disclose any confidential information made available to you through the App Codes to any other person.
32. Prohibited Conduct: We strongly recommend that you don’t make your contact details public on the App Codes or in any public communications via the App Codes site. Contact details include your email address, street address, Skype name and phone number (but not social network handles). If you do, so at your risk!
33. Community participation: We take great pride in our global and thriving community—it’s part of what makes the App Codes great. We focus on transparency and mutual respect and invite you to participate, give feedback and have your say.
34. Eligibility, suspension or termination: Membership is not an automatic right, it is a benefit for community members who follow our terms and policies and treat other community members well. We hope that you will be with us for a long time. But we may, using reasonable discretion, decide whether or not your use of App Codes complies with these terms and our policies. We can suspend or terminate your App Codes account at any time for any reason (acting reasonably of course), including if you:
If we do decide to permanently terminate your App Codes account you must not apply for a new account as unfortunately you will no longer be welcome in our community.